Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Brown Leather Boots

Pinterest is the devil. He used to use the magazines predominantly to put out the burning desires for things I'll never need. Now he has decided that it's much more accessible to have people pin these supposed "must-have" outfits on their Pinterest accounts. I can't even lie when I say that I have become a bit attached to my account (though I haven't checked it for a few days), what with designing my dream wedding (with would in actuality clash if put together), picking out jewelry I'll never be able to afford, pinning crafts I only wish I had the time to do, and a slew of other random goodies. Literally, slew of goodies. However, this aside, I think that girl-world is turning into one big pinterest reference. If you are not "up to pinterest" you are "uncool" or "out of touch", I'm realizing. It makes one stay up to speed on what is hip based on what's being pinned and how one adheres to it.

This brings me to my next point. The brown boots. Pinterest says that it is essential that one incorporates these boots into every outfit for fall. As you know from my previous post, I'm not a fan of fall. However, pinterest makes it seem as though fall is a great time of year, so I, being a girl, must agree. Pinterest convinced me not only that my outfits will be slammin' with these new beauties, but that fall will be bearable. Not just any boots, but genuine leather, knee highs, with socks poking up from under. Probably about 100+ dollars in price. At first, I thought it was just a mere trend on the website, but then I started noticing nursing students...NURSING STUDENTS (we're not the most fashion forward, nor do we elect style over comfort) slowly starting to own and don these essential items.

It all traces back to the theory that when crowds are gathered, one is more inclined to give into pressure. This is no different. With all the beautiful outfits, accessories, and crafts to be done with these boots, it only makes sense to own them, right? WRONG. Or at least it should be. Long story short, I caved. I now own a pair of knee high faux leather beautiful boots. Pinterest made me do it. Let's see if they really are the "all things to all men" item how they're advertised.

No comments:

Post a Comment