Monday, October 15, 2012

Why SVU is the Best Show Ever

Let me just start out this story by explaining the context. I am super duper sick. I got some kind of upper respiratory infection complete with body aches and fever. I had plans this weekend to do my homework, go on a date, spend time with my friends, and go to church. However, hurricane Ursula (ugliest name I could come up with on the fly) came on Friday and all of those were put on hold. It's funny how being sick can just halt everything. I literally got sick every time I opened up my textbooks, meaning NOTHING was going to happen.

What is my default activity? Watching SVU on Netflix. This show has been my favorite since I was in 6th grade. It is legitimately the most messed up/beautiful show on television if you take a step back and look at it. I mean, the whole premise is a psycho and twisted plot to say the least, as well as detectives who get WAY too emotionally involved in the cases. You watch the show at first and are appalled by why it's even allowed on TV, then you figure out the fact that you love following this show until the end. No one wants to turn the channel off when the verdict is about to be read. It's completely normal to almost feel completely emotionally invested in these episodes, and it's like YOU'RE the detective. Plus who could forget the fact that there is always a twist. I've seen ever episode multiple times and I don't know if I could be that creative for 12 seasons (I don't consider the last 2 seasons SVU anymore, considering it's a tacky and tasteless copy of CSI). The characters are so wonderful and they are truly awesome. I mean look at this:

Elliot Stabler: He prefers to kick open doors instead of knocking, and who can argue with that? His Irish Catholic background comes through with how strict he is about his detective skills. He cares too much about his cases, and it gets him into trouble a lot of times, especially about kids. He's not afraid of letting someone know that they are in deep by him saying something along the lines of, "I'm watching you," or "I smell you." He's also really good with victims. Pretty much the best combo.

Olivia Benson: She's a hot mess. She has hard-lined convictions and cares for victims and almost always takes everything personal. She likes to relate everything back to how she doesn't have a father and likes to let everyone know it. Elliot and Liv run the show.

John Munch: Conspiracy theories galore. He has a lot of loopy insight that gets a lot of heat, but I think it's awesome. Plus, he has a lot of sass while working with his counterpart Finn Tutuola.

Finn Tutuola: How can you NOT love this guy? He adds a ghetto flair to every line he's given. Like, "Dass messed up," or "Ain't chall sposed to be at skoo?" He is one of those guys that is legitimately the best. His character has been in Brooklyn Narcotics for a very long time, so don't get it twisted, he is totally down. The best episodes are when he's working alongside with the drug police, it's like he's transformed.

Dr. Huang: Love this guy. He comes in and states the obvious all the time. Like, "She probably has issues with her father," and you're automatically on the road to the case being solved. He can evaluate and pinpoint people's issues by talking with them. Plus, he says it in a cool tone of voice you can't resist. Note: he IS the voice of Shang in Mulan. 

Captain Cragen: Eh, his character is pretty stagnate, and definitely runs the show and continues to deal with the risky moves everyone takes.

I basically love this show, it's not a huge deal, but it's so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment